ICYMI: Biden Border Crisis Keeps Getting Worse
WASHINGTON, DC – The Biden Border Crisis just keeps getting worse with border encounters topping 188,000 in June 2021. In case you missed it, Rep. John Katko (R-NY), Ranking Member of the House Committee on Homeland Security, released the latest edition of the Startling Stats fact sheet, clearly demonstrating that the border crisis is not a seasonal phenomenon, but rather the unfortunate result of failed policy decisions by the Biden Administration.
- 188,829 migrants were encountered along the southwest border in June 2021, a 450% increase from last year.
- There have been over 1.1 million illegal crossings along the southwest border this fiscal year, up 362% from last year.
- June was the fourth straight month of 170,000+ encounters at the border.
- 103,014 individuals were expelled under Title 42 in June 2021.
- 47,224 migrants crossed into the U.S. from nations other than Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador in June 2021. With many migrants traveling through countries with high COVID-19 infection rates, preserving pandemic recovery in the U.S. is exactly why it’s so important to keep Title 42.
View the fact sheet here.