“Startling Stats 15.0” – the Biden Border Crisis is Out of Control
WASHINGTON, DC – The Biden Administration started 2022 with a historic amount of border encounters. Today, Rep. John Katko (R-NY), Ranking Member of the House Committee on Homeland Security, and Homeland Security Republicans released the latest edition of the “Startling Stats” fact sheet, demonstrating that the Biden Border Crisis is not slowing down anytime soon.
Download the fact sheet here.
- Since President Biden has been in office, there have been over 2.1 million encounters at the Southwest Border.
- There have been 153,941 encounters along the Southwest Border in January 2022.
- So far, in FY 2022, CBP seized 234,513 pounds of drugs. Fentanyl seizures increased by 57% in January 2022 from December 2021.
- Fentanyl seizures continue to skyrocket. In FY 2022, CBP has already seized 3,569 pounds of fentanyl.
- The U.S. recently recorded its highest number of drug-overdose deaths in a 12-month period, eclipsing 100,000 for the first time, according to the CDC.
- Over a three-month deployment, the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter James and other federal agencies recently confiscated more than 69,000 pounds of drugs from operations in the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean, worth more than $1 billion.